Have you ever thought about what you would do if Thomas S. Monson told us suddenly that the Lord was requiring his people to live this practice again in order to be saved? Or even if you personally didn't have to participate, what if men with higher callings (i.e. bishops, stake presidents, high priests) were instructed to take on at least one additional wife? Would you accept it? Or would you feel compelled to leave the Church?
Some things to consider:
- Would you believe such a "revelation" if Thomas S. Monson and the Quorum of the Twelve sustained it?
- Would you be OK with it as long as you didn't have to live it personally?
- Would it be unacceptable to you even if only brethren with higher callings were instructed to practice it?
- If you're a woman and your husband was asked to take on another wife, would you consider granting permission?
- If you're a man, would you ever consider being eternally sealed to another woman even if it was a spiritual marriage only? (non-sexual)
- Do you think that modern-day Mormon polygamy would look anything like Big Love?
- Do you think you could be happy in a polygamist relationship?
- Would you leave the Church over it? Why or why not?